Thursday, April 1, 2010

9hills&newshoes!


Finished work with a sore back, got ready to go for my last hill run.
I went to try and find another sports bra today, and came home with new sneaks! They were on sale at Winners, and they are super sweet New Balance runners with squared toes so I won't trip on them like I sometimes do my pointy ones. Ohhhh, so nice. I am currently working to dig out the Nike+ hole in the sole and am going to give them a whirl tomorrow at the track for a shorty to get them broken in before the massive 18k on Sunday.
Nine hills tonight. I was actually pretty excited to do this...so weird...it is the last night of hill training. Next comes speed training, and I am not hyped on that idea. Sounds hard.
Hills weren't hard, I've done these successfully for weeks now, and so I know I can do it. I used little rocks to mark how many times I went up. It was so windy before I left, but I was warmed up by the top of hill #1. I lined up my pebbles in a row at the bottom, as I finished each hill. Then turned back to head back up. Even hills one side, odd hills the other.
It got hard on number eight...well, on seven, my back felt funny. On eight my foot got gimpy, and it stayed gimpy until I quit my run at 12kms at the Appletree market. I didn't go as fast as I was supposed to...I still don't care about the speed...I am just proud of myself for doing it every time I go run .
New shoes! Soft and cushy and new with different support, narrower in the arch...I hope its different good.
I even did my physio at the end, good girl! I had to...my back isn't too happy after a full day of weeding.
Oh, finally my chicken's ready! I have eaten everything else!

PS: The rain and wind started blowing on the window after I was finished! Ha!

1 comment: