Wednesday, April 21, 2010

interval challenge!

Whoa! Today was a hard run, but another speed record.
My poor ankles...looking forward to the 'rest' next week of short, easy runs before the epic 21.5 day.
I ran 13.13 km in 1:18with a pace of 5'59"/km, this is a fuckin' crazytrain pace for Emma's stubby little legs!
I set my machine to miles and rode the bmx to the track, in hopes to make it easier on the ankles. Run easy one mile, fast step to the next. I got frustrated fuckin around with the ipod, trying to get to my Devo song that makes good time for me, and jut let it play a Duane Peters Gunfight song. It was murder! I had to stop halfway through the mile for a coughing-don't puke!-breathing session. It was hard, and it turns out that I ran that km in 4:27, which is just too fast for me, even for practice, training, whatever this is, I'm definitely learning. The next fast mile I used The Rev's Big Red Rocket song, that might have been a little too easy, the next I used Coheed & Cambria's In Keeping Secrets, that was okay, too, and then I finally stopped and read the instructions for the ipod/nike+/ powersong setting, the how-to, and got to finish off my fast steppin' to Devo's Girl U Want, which I am really starting to get into!
Don't get me wrong, now...when I say it was easy, that only means I didn't retch on that stretch. It doesn't mean I wasn't gritting my teeth and running with my eyes squeezed shut, coughing this stupid hollow chest cough that is still rattling my lungs, talking to myself out loud, grunting, groaning, panting, heaving, and cursing everything in creation! I totally was, but it was just doable.
Now to get rid of the salty cheeks!

Oh! Booyah!
I got my race number this morning for the TC10K this weekend!
First thing I did when I got up. I am number 9231!
First race package coming my way!!
I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment