Thursday, April 8, 2010

another run

So I ran the 2- 1.6km fast paced speed trials today. It was hard! But the sun was shining on my cheeks, and I took little tiny quick steps, and I'm pretty sure my 1.6's were closer to 1.25's, but I don't care b/c I did them both, plus 6 more kms, and Tiger Woods told me congrats, that was my fastest mile so far...apparently I ran the first km at 4.27! What! That was supposed to be a slow warming up lap!

I think the sun really does make all the difference in the world to me. If it is rainy and grey, I wilt.

I am getting tired...really tired of running every day. All of this training is taking a strange toll on my headcase...I feel like I'm going a little crazy. I haven't been sleeping enough, haven't been able to fall asleep. The quickening of springtime is part of it, that's not new. My head goes, though, after I run...my mind spins out a bit. I think the extreme distances, like over 5, every day, is getting to be a bit much for me. Maybe I am not eating well enough? Can one not live on chocolate? What about really good chocolate?

In any case, another long and productive day at work, my fingers are all of them pricked from pulling out blackberry bushes in the sunshine for six hours, until the sun faded behind the rainclouds again...and I am so happy to finally be showered and clear of dirt and sweat, and sitting/laying down for a movie. So tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment