Thursday, April 8, 2010

damnd machines!

haha!
I really need a positive, good feeling run right now!

I nearly defeated myself with all of this speed training hoodoo in my head. I nearly didn't go on my run today. It took me until 9pm to get out the fuckin door. And the motivation that got me moving?
I wanted to clock more distance on my Nike+ machine! I've set a goal, and if I don't hit it, I will feel disappointed.

I wore my Helly on top of my adidas hoody, the rain was really coming down. I decided to do my Thursday's 8km steady run instead of the speed run...lots of reasons for that right now...I'm tired, I'm not going to get into it tonight.

It rained...it poured, and then the wind nearly blew me down...I ran into wind the whole way back from WalMart. Straight out, across town, straight back. Forgot there was a storm warning.
Kind of felt like a part of the earth, being one with the waves of the rain, blown across the pavement in shining stars in the headlights of what little traffic there was to keep me company. But once my face went numb and sensitive, it wasn't really a good feeling anymore. My shoes were squishy, and my pants were soaked and pulling themselves down somehow on my thighs.

I was stoked to be finished, and really done. I think I pulled out the little jack, the machine that attaches to the ipod, or, I don't know what I did, but the info is gone. Bummer.
Try again tomorrow.


At least I had a good stretching session rocking out loud to the Gits.

No comments:

Post a Comment