Saturday, April 10, 2010

saturday sunshine!

Such a nice day for a run. Set out from Thrifty's to We Belong, couldn't decide where to go.
Went down, through town, to the waterfront for a loop around the airpark, all oldies today, Born To Run, Bette Davis Eyes, Love Is A Battlefield, The Kid Is Hot Tonight, so rad.
It was supposed to be a slow steady, I ran it faster. I was impatient and wanted to get on with weeding my garden and making salsa fresca for my al pastorrrrrr tacos for later. It seemed to take forever, although the sunshine was really nice. At the airpark I watched the eagles dive bombing one another for the lock and drop, I guess it's mating time for them, it's pretty wild to see them fall like that, from so high up in the sky to just above the river, swooping out and away from one another to opposite sides of the bay where the gulls pester them equally and they make wide gliding circles without flapping their wings at all. Today I wanted to be one of them.

Oh, the chafing! I'm learning that the warmer it is getting, the more underarm chafeage I'm suffering. I kind of thought that only came with distance, but its the heat/sweat/tanktop hem combo. Sucks! I'm going to have to always carry my KY from now on, I guess.

I looked up the info for the TC10K last night...it's coming up fast. I'm nervous and excited. It starts at 8am! I haven't gotten up that early in awhile, nevermind getting out for a run! I'll have to get up earlier, make time for my two cups before it starts.
I'll get my number online on Weds the 21st....hope it's a lucky one! Ah, fuck it, luck has had absolutely nothing to do with this, I've been busting my ass! I'll settle for an odd number.

Incidentally, I figure I have run 300kms at this point.
Bring on week 15 of training, only three more!

No comments:

Post a Comment