Monday, April 26, 2010

postrace1

Well, it is the day after my first race. That feels like it's farther away than yesterday.
So much excitement, and probably the driving, and getting up three hours earlier than normal, had me crashed out at 7pm. Like a baby. Suuuch a good sleep!

Woke up to find a note on my coffee grinds container from Luke, "Sorry, used up your coffee, here's some money, LoveBug on me." What he (still) doesn't get is that I don't get up without the coffee. I go back to bed. I'm okay with this dependence. It could be much worse(and has). Lucky for him, there was enough left in the bottom grooves of the container thing to make a nice little pot, mmm.

Rest day!
Had to go mow a lawn that got rained out on Friday, and get some ground ready to sod for tomorrow. Worked until I felt my back get weak, then went and wrote a stupid exam. So glad that course is over with! Like anyone needs to know how to write an essay outside of academia! Useless!

Anyway, just in time, unloaded the truck, the rain began. Read my emails.
Hows this for rad! A girl in New York City, who also hates to run, found me out, and now we are in it together! Except that she, all hail, is training for a full freakin' deal, the whole 26.2M show!
Good lady, I salute you!
Check her out at hatestorun@blogger.com

Now the wind is blowing through the gap in the window, like the tide's coming in through a blowhole...the sound has changed from a farty noise, to a sound like blowing through a bottle top. Ah, my sinking house... and I'm thinking about getting my jimjams on, and remember I have to get food at some point, my Sunday grocery mission got kyboshed. I do not want to go out there!

But I will.
Nice little 6k tomorrow, my ankles and I are going to enjoy my last week of little runs!
Holy crap there goes the carport tin roof again, like a thunder clap.
My poor old house is coming apart at the seams!

Check out the wisteria outside that is partly to blame for the carport roof removal! It's blooming before its leaves have come out! Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment