Tuesday, April 27, 2010

6k


Today I'm feeling a little disappointed. It feels like a week ago that I ran the TC10K.
As I've been processing that race, and remembering more, I get more disappointed with my run that day. And today's felt too hard, too. I'm not going to expand on it. I'm just noting it, and moving on.
When I set out this morning, I was happy to be on a run. It is full on spring, and has just stopped raining and everything smells so good, the firs, and the flowers, and looking down on the river on 1st I felt glad to live here. I ran along the river, all around Lewis Park, and home.
My left knee started hurting at only 3k, it went away at 4, and then my low back started feeling that weird bruised feeling. Unfortunate side note: as I was laying around after work yesterday, my back locked up twice as I tried to sit up, and I had to use the old fashioned roll over and up. Bummer.
Coughing still, that is annoying. I have to remind myself that I'm not even supposed to able to do this, if I were to listen to those Dr.'s. I have to be gentle, and just be satisfied with making the distance, which seems to be more difficult to feel good about when running in something that is called a 'race'.
I am not racing anything! I am accomplishing something!
Wait, it isn't called a race, it is a marathon. Named after a greek who ran 26 odd miles to warn his townspeople of danger approaching- the only proper reason to ever run, really.
Then he dropped dead.
And that is why I will go halfway. And stop there.
I can do this. I have to keep telling myself that.
I am doing this. I'm ready. My body is ready. I've trained for this.
But, man! My head is freaking out about it!
Go to work, now- and quit thinking!

Well, that makes me feel better already, I finished my run just in time to miss a downpour!

1 comment:

  1. So I just finished 9k today as I'm working my way to 10. And I swear as my knees started to hurt and my legs started to ache I thought of your blog and you working through your aches and pains. It actually helped me mid-run to know that you're pushing through it. Inspiring really. Don't get down on yourself, you can do it...all this running is a major head game.

    ReplyDelete