Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my shorty 6

Yeah!
I was looking forward to this feeling of, "oh, is that all?"
I found it today. I ran along the tracks to the connector and back. I was trying to really motor, but the path is so gravelly, and big rocks kept turning under my feet. It made it a frustrating run, even though I was kicking ass, I wanted to kick ass harder! My ankles were getting all turned under and in and out, every time I hit a rolling rock. My leg would get jolted. I gave in as little as I could, to the fact that this would have to just be a little easier than I wanted to make it today.
Breathing wasn't the best, but I wasn't coughing so much. And I didn't really lose my breath until km4. It felt good. New sports bra. Motored the last stretch to the house, really lost my breath in time for stopping, then coughed up a lung as I stretched out my calves and quads on the front steps of the house! Only a little pin in the knee...ankles still as sore as yesterday.
6km in 37:27 at a pace of 6:13

1 comment: