Saturday, April 24, 2010

get ready

So I'm packing for my trip to Victoria to do my first ever race!
I get butterflies thinking about it, and I'm trying to remember everything I'll need.
I'm making up a big batch of hash browns because they are my favorite thing to eat right now, and I'll take them along in a couple of containers. I also made up a big container of crackers, with a little ball of peanut butter and another of pate wrapped in tin foil. Some people can't do the liver sausage, but I'm a giant fan. I've got dried fruit in little baggies, cos I love dried fruit right now, and my water bottles are full of home home-style tap-water, my favorite water anywhere.

My clothes are mostly in the dryer, and I've got a pile of clothes ready. Paula's run club gave me a great idea, too: throwaway clothes! I guess it is common for people to start with warm up clothes on, and shed them as they go, but what I didn't know is that it is expected, and those clothes are given to charities. So I'm taking the black windbreaker I've been trying to give away, but is too big for everybody I know. It's perfect! I completely didn't think about how cold it is going to be at that time of day. I have to start running at 8am! Ha! This is going to be interesting!

I can't decide whether to get my run done now, before I leave, or to run the route when I get to Vic. When I get there, I still have to get my room, and my race package sorted, and I wouldn't mind doing some shopping...

So I guess I'm doing my run while my clothes are drying! Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment