Wednesday, March 24, 2010

You lose, hills!

I win!
Well, it took me all day to get motivated to go following my last couple of sicky runs. I finally just started feeling like a lazy cunt, sitten on my bed eating cookies and watching nothing flash on the TV. I sort of arranged that on purpose, and I'm glad it took effect the way it did. By six, I was out the door.
Helen Wheels- Wings
I wasn't as cold as I thought I'd be, excuse #1 not to do this today. I'm too cold. I started out quick, remembering Paula writing about cadence, and thinking about little celery stalk legs bending at the knee. This song kept a good step pace.
Hearshot K-Coheed and Cambria
This came on almost at Lake Trail School, I was heading to my hill. Tonight was to be 8x400m hills...no wonder I was trying to get out of it! EIGHT HILLS, are you fucking kidding me?! My arm is still sore from being talked into a tetanus shot yesterday by my doctor. Yes, I dig in the dirt, but, really? Tetanus? That hasnt been around for years! I protested as I was slyly led into the vaccination room...
Paid In Full-Erik B and Rakim
This was funny, came on just at the end of the field by the bike shop, and you should have heard me trying to sing along....panting a line out here and there. Good girl! Trying to go fast!
Bananas and Blow-Ween
First hill, watching the crest, looking over at the sun bright above the hilltop...wishing I was somewhere warm, feeling sweat thick on my cheek-first swipe.
Harry Rag-The Kinks
Running down hill one, and starting back up #2, I don't really get this song. Is he talking about joints? I was still trying to run too fast, panting and starting to get cramps, remembering to concentrate on breathing out, relaxing...
Snakedriver-Jesus and Mary Chain
Yay! Old school music, J&MC always make me think of Tara G and her Buick...odd memories of grade ten and our dress up neighborhood outings to take photographs of each other in tutus.
Chanbara-At The Drive In
I remember running uphill to this one, trying to sing along, settling for air punching to some of the beats...I was flagging, foot dragging.
Hardcore Hip Hop-Mantronix
Yep, this did make me smile and I also thought people were honking at me!
Obsession-NofknClue
Yeah...how did this get on here? Oh well, quick enough beat to make steps to.
All The Girls-J Mascis and The Fog
Microphone Mayhem-K-Rec andEstea El
Running downhill to this, I was getting into a zone, just keeping track of how many times have I gone up now? My eyes were watering and I wasn't sure whether maybe I was actually crying?
Visiting the Bad Again-SNFU
Yes, uphill, punching out on the beats.
Faye-Stesasonic
Oh Faye, poor gal...remembering bad choices, running downhill, so glad to go downhill. I wore my waterbelt tonight expecting a possible 12k run. The water tasted bad so I was making a fountain out of my lips, kind of getting it all over me, but its fun to do.
MyGoodGal-Old Crow Medecine Show
Uphill, awe.
Love Is A Battlefield-Pat Benatar
Downhill...Yeah! It is! Pat....so glad this is on here.
No Words-Wings
I don't really remember getting here, my last hill, but I was charging it! I was so stoked I had made it! I was racing a girl on a bike on the other side of the road, and I kept up so close, and then she lost me near the sign, zoomed ahead like she'd been fucking with me the whole time!
I actually took out my earphone to hear the sound of my palm slapping the fish habitat signpost on the top of the hill, but I am so short that I only smacked my fingers on it on my "big jump". Ow. haha. Two super big high kicks, and a couple of little ones, some karate chops and fuck you, hill's! And I was on my way back home.
Marathon man-Ian Brown
Yeah! I love songs about running, this one I could sing along to, going downhill is pretty easy, but things were hurting...chafing under my right armpit-only the right-? My arms were numb from elbow to shoulder, just the skin, but I could feel that, and my stupid tetANUS shot! I could barely lift my left arm for Rocky-type celebratory cheers to me, it was like a soggy old celery stalk up there! And my little tumy cramp.
Excuse Me Mr-Ben Harper
By the bike shop again, WAAAY TOOO LOUD!!! whatever happened to the levels here nearly made me deaf...I turned it down and looked at the mileage, holy shit! 9.32! Good girl!
Bullfrog Blues-Canned Heat
Shut it off at 11.02
1hr:13min at a pace of 6.40min/km
Walked it off from the Appletree market to the house, feeling really good, but wobbly in the legs, I weaved across the sidewalk a few times just not really paying attention...yep I'm glad I went.
I got two catcalls! I appreciate those.
I'm feeling much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment