Thursday, March 4, 2010

country run

Weds I went for a steady run out on Macaulay Rd.
It was nice to run on a county road, with forests and fields and ditches and creeks and marshes all around. The sounds were lovely. Across a field at one point, there was a chorus of frogs croaking. I'd forgotten how much I love that sound, it's been a long time since I heard it.
There was half a deer decomposing in the ditch at one point, then the other half further along...that was gross, and rad. And the field that I ran into to turn around just kept going and I wanted to run its perimeter, except I could see myself turning my ankle in some rodent's front door, and then no one would know where I went...6.4kms.
I'm getting back onto the proper schedule. Today is my 4x hills, then I'm on track again.
Had to take Tuesday off for the new treatment to settle in and heal and do its thing.
Feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment