Monday, March 1, 2010

leap of faith

Well, I did it.
In spite of my achy back trying to shut down my program, here, I just went ahead and did it anyway. I am now registered for both the Times Colonist 10K in Victoria on April 25th, and then the BMO 21.1 in Vancouver on May 2nd. I'm halfway through my training and I've had to miss a number of my run days over the last two weeks since my hip is doing its thing, but I'm really optimistic that I'm going to find a way to overcome whatever is going on there.
I'm trying something new to complement the two years of hard work of strengthening my core and back muscles Ive spent to try and get rid of this persistent and occasionally crippling problem...it's going to work out just fine.
I'm young and determined not to have to use that cane just yet...maybe I'll even be able to use it as kindling at this summer's campfire!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!! You registered?? I gotta do it!! I better get on that!

    HEY.. guess what?? It is parent teacher interviews and today is THURSDAY.. and tomorrow.. is FRIDAY!! and I will SEE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete