Friday, March 12, 2010

6 easy

Had a big brek today and got homework done at the library. Watched the rain drive down for hours and whiled away my day emailing and planning field trips. Nice new libraries are pleasant to hang out in. Old men in comfy chairs and hats reading today's newspaper.
Finished my homework and perfectly timed the rain had stopped, an I was ready to run...looking forward to it alot. I realised that I missed it so much after only two days away. It makes me feel vital afterwards.
I got excited about the Nicomekl trails, so there I went. I figured I could do at least 6kms. More if I was feelin' it, or had more to explore. It was a perfect day for running, there were some big ugly great heavy clouds, just sitting on top of some rime swept blue. My left ankle was weird for two kms...didn't push off well and hurt, but just clered off after that, which made me happy. The damage I did to my poor knees has me freaked out a little. Bruises came up around the sore spots on Tuesday night....just...gross. They feel alright now, it's, my head messing with me a little about the creaky-ness. Nice run. Happy girl after. 6.5km in under 47mins at a pace of I don't know what since I didn't stop my timer as I walked to stretch out, and stretched my calves and quads and hamstrings, then went, "oh, lets see how I did..." I'll get the hang of this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment