Saturday, March 20, 2010

bronchitis is bad for running

I haven't run since Tuesday. I felt it then, just an ache in the middle of my neck, allergies, or maybe city smog, I figured. Spent Tuesday and Wednesday hard at work, making a garden for my bro in east van proper. Weds night was torture. Fire in my neck, and running eyes and nose and head pressure so that my eyes watered constantly. Began trying to drug it out on Thursday morning with two workdays left. I got the bargain cold an flu meds, they did nothing...or very little. I was heaving an panting and coughing through work, my chest felt like it had been crushed. At least the sun was full on, so that made me happy. Definitely not running, though. My chest still feels a bit sore and hard to manage, but maybe tomorrow will be better. I want to keep on schedule, keep up the pace that has made it possible for me to run such crazy distances. But I must be good to myself, and breathing is important. Maybe instead of my 16k tomorrow, I'll just do a little one.
Loving the Nike machine. I keep staring at my little chart of runs I've done online, and want to add to it and get to the next level...now it is a game again.
It seems I was super excited when I first started this running thing, just to see how far I'd get at all, then the thrill wore off a little, and it got hard, and a little monotonous. Running in new places was rad, I want to do more of that, it definitely put a spark back into it. Now I've got this bundle of fun that will let me map out the places I've run, and follow other peoples routes if I'm at a loss, how fun!
I can't believe I'm excited to go for a run. This life is weird.

1 comment: