Tuesday, March 16, 2010

fastest yet

Urg. The day after a rest day is always so hard!
The insides of my thighs were achy before I set out. When I get back from the Da Vinci exhibit later, I'll know which muscles those are. I set my ipod to play Ween's White Pepper album.
Walked up to Renfrew swinging my arms and taking big steps, trying to loosen my butt and thigh muscles...ohhh, so stiff. No toque, just a bandanner. Its pretty warm out there despite the big raindrops!
Set off for 5K. Started slow and noticed the damage the crows are doing to the lawns, eating up all the chafer beetle larvae, turfing whole front yards to mud and clods. The rad part is all the methods people are using to deter the crows. Aluminum pie plates on strings, plastic bags or cloth on stakes, plastic sheeting set down with stones, just covering the whole thing, just a lot of shiny and moving things on strings or sticks. All but a handful of yards down Adanac are so decorated right now.
Turned down Nanaimo, running fast to cross the street. What a feeling, to speed up like that and hear the wind rush past my ears. hahaha! New! The cramp in my belly started up again just before Hastings. I have gotten this for my past two or three runs and am working on a relaxation method to ease it. It feels to me as though I hold in my tummy when I'm running. I am usually aware of my posture and most of the time, this is a good practice for standing up straight. I find that when the cramp hits, I am very aware that I am still holding in my tum, and purposely try to relax it, make my belly more round and loose. It is fun to try and push it out, but too much work, just let it hang...hahaha...the shit I write...
Down Nanaimo past T's house, I hollered a couple times at her balcony, but had to keep running.
When I turned up Trinity is when I started struggling, three long slight inclines led me back home. I was having a hard time keeping my breathing even, but it was a good fight. I felt proud after conquering the Trinity, Kaslo, and Renfrew slopes.
When my little voice told me I had 400 meters, I was at the bottom of the gully, and sprinted along the flat to my alley. The last song of the album, and my favorite was playing as I finished, and lasted long enough for me to walk up and down the hill a couple of times to ch-ch-chill down to.
When it told me my pace, I was a little disappointed, I thought I had run faster. I kept telling myself to go faster, I want to get this Tempo run pace. But it is my best yet, and considering the hills, I did good. SO sweaty today. Feels good.
5.05K in 32mins18 at a pace of 6:23min/km. My best pace yet per km. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment