Monday, March 8, 2010

sea wall

It is fun to run in new places!
Today Paula and I went for our 4 steady on the seawall. She got me a rad device to help me track my running stuff, and Im so excited to see my progress laid out from here on in.
...course now I have to learn to use it properly. Set it to calibrate my stride length on the 2k mark, since it is marked on the wall...I think there was one step I forgot...oh, yeah, to turn it on!
I'll get it.
It is so warm in the city! The sun was out and I was hot, not even that cold arm skin thing! It was nice to have so much scenery. So many different people who wouldn't even look up, nevermind a hello! haha. The city looks beautiful in the sun with all its blossoms out.
I watched Paula zoom ahead of me until she was just the white dot across the curve of the wall and water. I warned her I go slow, but she was sweet and stopped and waited at the halfway and we sat on the seawall with our legs hanging down, daring the water to splash at us...did I mention it was HOT? The way back was just as good, but I am not used to having to weave so much. Again P waited at the end, playing on some driftwood, then we ran back to the van.
That little charge turned out to be the only part that recorded on my new device.
I'll get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment