Tuesday, January 12, 2010

worst run so far

OK, a note first about my epic 7km on Sunday.
My math was off, 1.8km x 5laps is 9kms.
NINE!!! which could explain some stuff.

The rest of Sunday, I was ruined. I had a ton of energy in my head, but it was all spazzed, ADD thoughts. I couldn't concentrate to read my chinese stories anthology, or write my homework essay, couldn't focus enough to cook my pot pies. I could barely watch brainless reality TV, forget trying a movie. And of course, my body felt like a lump of mercury. It sucked, because I had a nice list of things to do. Every time I got up to do one of the things, I'd end up standing by the couch in the living room, or in the middle of the kitchen, spacing out.

Monday, yesterday, was an off day. I went to the gym with Gavin, just to do my physio stuff. It wasn't easy. I left out anything that involved my thighs, because they hurt at the slightest pressure. If I wasn't trying to lift anything other than just my leg, I was fine. Dragged myself through the routine, and a walk on the treadmill. Gavin put me through some upper body weights like a champion trainer, "do one more set, I didnt say 3, I said 4!"
Bagged.

I was looking forward to my run today, to get back into it. I slept through some serious sunshine at sunrise there. I was regretting that when it got dark at 1 and I was in here drinking coffee, still no breakfast, writing my annual newsletter and "Thankyou" cards to all my customers. I got my shit on and went outside. I drove to the airpark and walked in the wrong direction on the path through

Skamania - 6:28 - the Skatalites, turned back when I was starting to feel warmth, and hit the beginning to the path marker right at the start of

I Don't Wanna Be Called Yo Nigga - 4:23 - Public Enemy...I started at a sprint (note: what is a sprint for me is a slow pace for some), feeling fine and rocked along the first .7 then died when I hit the corner...I did not recover.
It was windy, the trail had a bar across it saying it was closed due to the risk of flooding. As I was listening to Public Enemy, albeit not their best effort, I said "fuck the man" and deeked around it. Slowed some more.

Drug Me - 1:57 - the Dead Kennedys, was next and I suffered through it, putting one foot in front of the other. My biceps hurt, holding up my arms, my lungs ached as though I smoke a lot more than I do, I was sweating like a pig, and it was too warm for my requisite toque and mittens, so I stuffed them in my pockets. I couldnt breathe, and was dragging myself along.

Woman Friend - 3:46 - Chromeo, came on, and I felt like I was going nowhere. My lungs hurt, this wasn't fun. Slowed down so much it took a long time to pass elderly walkers.

F'd Up Girl - 2:36 - the Vandals, came on and cheered me up. I could run in step with it. Although I had to walk a little and went to put my warm gear into my truck for the last part of it. Turned back for my last 2kms.

Nero's Fiddle - 3:33 - Clutch, came next. It was the Pitchfork and Lost Needles version, I like the later one better. Running into the wind, struggling, but at a better pace. I saw some blue and the sun was trying to come out from behind the monstrous clouds when

People of the Sun - 2:29 - Rage Against the Machine, came on. I stared up at the hills, the mist, the massive banks of clouds. Todays clouds were a various mix of light greys, very winter 2008...I was trying really hard to either zone all the way out on distraction, or focus on my run entirely, but I was stuck between the two, only feeling how shitty my body was being. Ow, my lungs! Got to the end of the km, and turned back to

You're So Gangsta - 4:01 - Chromeo, again! I like Chromeo live. I don't think I was into any of the music today. Nothing could have made me love this run...I tried to get excited about it...I failed.

Wake Up Alone - 3:42 - Amy Winehouse, ow, ow, ow...I was actually starting to grunt during the last song...I wasn't going to mention that...

Holy Shiite - 3:02 - Dayglo Abortions, this is where I gave up...walked the last little ways as it started, something behind my knee hurt like fuck when I slowed to a walk and I wanted to cry. I don't want to hurt myself doing this! If I'm going to get hurt, I want to get hurt doing awesome stuff! Like falling off my board while learning to fly!

Did my perfunctory -if I don't do these, my muscles will get f'd up- stretches and left.
Came home and did half of my physio stuff.

Fuck this run day. I'm getting back into my jammies and spending my last day off as I should: eating candy and watching movies.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha!! I wanna get hurt doing something awesome... like FLYING!!!

    ReplyDelete