Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A good time! (on the clock, not really for me)

4K Tempo, I think I'm getting the hang of these.

It was okay, really white out today. Went back to the airpark loop. Wore the heart rate thing, it still isn't working. I tried to make the sensor fall off because yesterday I was thinking about holding the sensor over my ribs, maybe barrelling my chest, which could have caused the breathing issue, not taking deep enough breaths??
My toes went numb again, from the cold. I forgot to mention that about yesterday's run, how my toes were numb for the whole thing, and how frustrating that felt, like I couldn't warm up all the way, what was I doing wrong that cuts off the circulation all the way around? I'm boiling hot, sweating pig on top, but I have no toes? No fair!

They got a little numb on the so called warming up walk from the truck down the path to the loop, but they came back and I forgot about that because a new problem arose every lap, I swear! Started out at a quick pace, and reminded myself to slow down for the first little bit. Once I was sweating, I started translating what I had read about running techniques into action (yes, I have been reading up on this stuff! It's all new to me, and I can use all the help I can get!). I think my posture is good, like a string is pulling my hips forward. I tried to not bounce, to pick my knees up less, and found that the shuffle I read about made for a a quicker pace than I thought I could manage.
I kept at it for the whole loop, rocking along. It felt as though I was wearing a skirt, my knees sort of confined...or I imagined that my legs were even shorter than they are, and my torso went all the way to my knees, so I just had these little stalks down there flailing along, I liked that thought, because it made me laugh and get into it, the quicker they moved, the funnier it looked in my head!
My energy flagged at 2.5, so I ran slower, and a rad brown lab ran alongside me for a minute with his smiley sloppy face, so cute! On my last km, I got really achy between my front shoulders, just under my collarbone. I rolled my shoulders in, thinking maybe my posture was too rigid, started trying to shake out my arms and loosen it up, but it just ached and hurt for the rest.
Lets see how my time was, I'm going to add up the songs...I'm not going to list them today because really none of them stood out.
35:32mins for 5km
That includes the warm-up .5 and cool-down .5
Yay! I'm improving my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment