Thursday, January 21, 2010

I love the steady runs!

Ok, getting all worked up about it- now I feel like a toque.
Today's run was a good one.
I parked further down the riverwalk from the airpark, to force a proper warm up and cooldown walk, it worked nice. It was raining when I parked at 2:41, behind the new Old House -what is it now, a hotel? I don't know...
I speedwalked, swinging my arms and not giving a shit how I know I looked silly in front of the hottie dishwasher on his smoke break.

Shame-Oh Susanna-3:12
It was .5 right on to the start of the airpark loop, and off I went, song started right on time.
Too fast off the bat, lost my breath, must have been the guy with the retriever.

Flashback-Tomahawk-2:58
Bad Luck-Social Distortion-4:27
Funny, my pedometer fell off during this song and I didn't notice. I found a decent pace and settled in, but there is no bounce in my knees, it was hard to move forward today. Lots of work for my feet and arms, it felt like. And like I couldn't get a comfortable posture going. My arms didn't hurt, and I wasn't suffocating, like yesterday. Maybe it's the break that hurts me.

After Forever-Black Sabbath-5:25
Had a short walk right before this song, realised the rain had stopped. Again, my luck with the sunshine! Just wasn't easy to move, but I felt like maybe I kept trying to move a little faster than usual?

Staralfur-Sigur Ros-6:46
This is great music to space out to. Found a really comfy pace, and rocked it. Found my pedometer. The sun came out. Saw a friend. I like to put on Sigur Ros before bed. I was afraid it would make me feel sleepy, but it was relaxing and good.

Cold Blows The Wind-Ween-4:26
Tried to sing along to this one. Sunny! Thought about the chicken soup I would make, am making, when I got home. Happy Last Lap.

Same in the End-Sublime-2:36
High fived the end marker.
I think I just felt good for doing it. My heels hurt. It looked like snow was coming over the mountains, really dark up there, but it was nice down here. I was done. Had to walk back to the truck, stretched my leg muscles out like the manual said, and thought about the distance I had covered, and the distance I will cover in town.

Act Nice and Gentle-Black Keys-2:41
I made it back to my lovely truck at 3:19.
So thats 5k in a half hour.
Oh yeah, thats nice!

1 comment: