Sunday, January 24, 2010

Loong run Sundays

sunday long run-7kms

I wasn't hyped on my music this run, in fact I turned it way down to try and get into my thoughts more.
Four laps around the airpark, plus the half kilometre to and from my little truck.
My pedometer worked properly, I adjusted my stride length after some painful math done in my head. Losing a quarter of a kilometre per kilometre, so I have to adjust how many centimetres per step from 80 to make up for it? It hurt my head, and took a whole lap to figure, but I got it!
The weather network says there is an extreme wind warning for this afternoon, so as soon as I was done my coffee, I took off reluctantly for my run. It seemed cold. There was a bit of wind, and it was spitting rain. It was grey and the tide was in all the way, the river high up on its banks, close to the path.
The run felt good for the first lap and a half. I did an approximate ten and one, but really just went by the end of the loop. I ran each loop, until I hit the low point, where all the driftwood has piled up, covered the path,and been pushed back out of the way. There were all the ducks in the world down there in the marshy bit. I'd walk to the end at the corner, and then run the loop again.
The mountains were grey, covered in misty rainclouds. I gave them the finger on my third lap, because it looked like I'd beaten the rain. I have to trim my toenails again, I guess, they were really annoying, poking into my toes, I couldnt get my mind off of the feeling...gross! Last lap was tough. Just that long, boring inside stretch. I'm glad that my pedometer works now, because now I can run wherever I feel like...all over town!
Got home starving, ate and ate and ate. mmmmm! Now I feel great.
Haha! I did beat the rain, I can hear it starting to blow against the window now.
Awesome.

1 comment: