Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Weds, 3km..or so

I managed to screw it up..
So the river is pushing its banks again. The indoor park has sandbags around the building its in. I am really missing that place lately. I want to go skate!!! I dont always want to run!

My regular path around the airpark that said it would be flooded yesterday (but wasn't), would definitely be flooded today. I decided at lunch to just go to the gym on my way home. It was pouring rain when I decided that.

After work I bought stamps, and got into the rec centre just when a class finished at 2:30. The gym emptied out, and promptly filled again. I warmed up on one of those bikes I never ride on...if I want to ride a bike, I'll go ride a bike! Silly!

And yes, running is different; I never want to run...

When I was all set for the running machine, the only one available was the clunky one. So loud! Turned up the headphones and ran for a km. Took around 11 minutes? I was dying! It wasn't raining anymore outside. I decided I would never run inside again unless it was a shiticane out there, so boring...and long. Walked for .1, then ran again until 1.9km, then faster cos a good song came on. Ran until 2.2, then crumbled and walked and tried to figure out why so hard!? Walked some more...and some more...and then realised the machine was in miles, and you couldnt change it to kms...so whats that? I don't know, but it's definitely three kilometres.

Its alright, so I ran a km and a half without stopping. Cool. Not easy, but new.

Nothing really hurt. Just my feet do now. They are sore. Not like the old pain, just like sore muscles are sore. My legs are feeling stiff all around, though, and I don't like that, I feel like I may be losing some flexibility, which I need in order to not get hurt skating....This training schedule is tough...and its only the 2nd week of what, 17 weeks!

SO glad I get to go skate this weekend and break up the routine. I miss the different kind of movement skateboarding is...its a lot more like dancing.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!! My run yesterday I set for 3km.. but my runpod is well used - years of crusty Kuta sweat - and sometimes I swipe the circle dile and it goes wherever it wants.. it will look like I set it for 3km then as soon as I look up.. to you know.. make sure I don't miss a step going down the stairs.. it moves! Tricky! I figured it out though.. and didn't run too far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dial - and the word I had to type to make my comment stick was OBERSOL? hahaha

    ReplyDelete