Saturday, January 30, 2010

I ran 65km!

Or more over the course of this month!
Wow, pretty soon I'm going to be Forrest Gumping all over the place, at this rate.
I want to get this writing over with quick, the sun is out shining and I have a Sunday drive to attend to.
Today was my long run Sunday. 9K. I didnt wear my headphones until the last lap when my knees were achy and I wanted any kind of distraction. What else was different. The first three laps were easy. I got to hear the sound of the tide rushing out under the bridge, and the swans honking away in the bay. Also the screaming children...
I got really salty on my cheeks and forehead! When I was wiping sweat off, it kind of stung...that actually made me feel really good, fucking tough...or something...
I said hello to every person who met my eyes as I passed. One old guy told me I was making everybody look bad. Thanks guy! Only four people wouldn't look up to say hello.
I got a little excited on my third lap, I thought I might actually run the nine in under one hour.
I ended up starting at 10:30, and finishing at 11:41, which is still pretty awesome to me.
I got an ache above my right hip, just a ghosty kind, on my third lap. That is my danger zone, so I slowed down. It went away, and then my knees started. I tried to loosed up my steps a little, I felt like maybe I was trying too hard to do it a certain way. It actually eased the ow a little.
So, it started with a little rain, and ended withthe sun fully coming out. I held my hands palms up to catch the sun while I ran. Its Sunday, I can have a religious experience, too, can't I?
I am a little disappointed to say, there were still no thoughts in my big empty head. I didnt get into anything! I was so looking forward to daydreaming on this long run...
Next time I won't expect anything at all. Except to do it, and feel like FUCK YEAH!
I've pretty much run my ass to Parksville!
And now I get to drive my awesome truck!

1 comment: