Wednesday, January 20, 2010

undefeated

OK, so today was supposed to be a 3km tempo run.
I have just learned that tempo means I am supposed to run faster than usual.
80% heart rate-whatever that means. I know it means fucking uncomfortable.
I did my best to go-go-go, I really did. At the end of the day, I managed to reach near swiftness, then die and go slow, slower than ever! Then another less speedy bout, then back to the usual pace. I just kept it in mind that I should speed up a little, and maybe I did go a little faster than I normally do. But it sucked.
My heels hurt before I started from being on my feet again at work after four days off.
My knees didn't bother me, but they really had no power in them. Poor knees, I'm sorry for not wearing my kneepads the other night. They were itchy all day though-healing at work!
My ankles ache now.
And again with my lungs! Heaving for breathing, some more really ugly grunts and moans and coughing. It could be time to quit smoking...(hahaha, no shit!)
What is the most excellent thing is that I did not stop running, even if it meant settling the pace down into a chinese walk-run for a little bit. No stops! Good girl!
What is the most lame is that my pedometer didn't do its job again. Good thing that the airpark is well marked and measured. Maybe time to return the pedometer before it's too late to?
Songs were slow songs! And my Ipod skipped some?
Warm up walk to cool down walk and stretch:

Like a King/I'll Rise-Ben Harper-10:02
The Day Hell Broke Loose..-Maylene & the Sons of Disaster-4:43
Top Secret Clown Business-The Devils Rejects OST-0:19
Angriest Young Men-Chixdiggit-1:51
Johnny Appleseed-NOFX-2:37
Get On Top-Red Hot Chili Peppers-4:06
Homewrecker-Mendozza-3:13
La Donna E Mobile-Guiseppe Verdi-2:15

Hey good day. The sun was out and I got to wear my new PMA hoody! It aaaalmost did the trick, can't imagine how I could have made it through this run without the PMA.
Thanks for the speedy delivery, Michael!

I almost forgot to mention why I called this entry undefeated!
I learned on Monday that this Vancouver "half" marathon is a lot farther than I initially thought it was. One of the kids at the LINC told me that a half marathing was 13kms.
OK, wow, thats far, but I bet I could do it...
On Monday, or Sunday, Paula J posted the route map on her facebook page, so I went to check it out, like, ooh, I hope the route is pretty, and I nearly puked.

TWENTY ONE AND A HALF KILOMETRES!

Its 13 miles. Ummm. Even looking at the route is frightening. Wait, maybe I can grab the image and scare you too:

Holy fuck, right?
So I see this and decide to quit. Then I think about what it would mean to me to do it anyway, and looked into whether there is a maximum time limit, like could I run it at my 11minute kilometre pace. I think it said I would have to finish in under four hours. What is that?

236:30 minutes divided by 60 minutes each hour... equals under four hours.
BAM!
I don't quit.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAA!!! Awesome!! I am hardy harring!! So funny!! I am going to see if there are any kids with old ipods.. maybe I can score you a nano and we can get you the nike plus thing going...

    ReplyDelete