Thursday, February 18, 2010

yeah longest run ever!

So I borrowed Luke's ipod and took the same route as last week, with some rad improvisations. Started onto the tracks at fifth to
Sueno Con Una Gitana - Adalberto Alvarez Y Su Son 6:42
This song, these guys are awesome! I was happy dancing and feeling Cuban all the way to 17th on this song. Then I got a good laugh and had fun until almost Wal-Mart/28th to
Walk This Way- Aerosmith & Run DMC 6:00
Afro Cuban All Stars- Habana Del Este 6:41
Got to the park and the river and the air smelled good like forest and fresh things, so I decided to deek off of the tracks and into the woods instead of following the roads. I followed a winding path crisscrossed by roots, up and down big and little gullies, ducked under a fallen tree, then traversed a shallow gully on a huge fallen log that has been sheared flat, and looked slippery. Back and forth, the path wound through Millard park, and I could see the mall most of the time to my left. I came out at the highway at the traffic light where the mall ends, and followed the highway back to the other side of Millard, by where my giant boardwalk starts. It was fun, and pretty, and challenging. I like trail running!
Right before I left the tracks, Agnostic Front started. Listened to the Another Voice album through Still Here 2:25, All Is Not Forgotten 1:54, Fall of the Parasite 1:16, Pride, Faith, Respect 1:54, So Pure to Me 2:01, and Dedication 2:46
Then I realized that I hadn't put it on shuffle, and by the start of the waterfront path at Millard Rd, reset it.
We Are the Problem US Bombs 2:36
There was a guy running in front of me that I thought I'd keep pace with, but he disappeared after the shady path part.
1shot 2 shot Eminem 4:26
Huh? I thought. Eminem? Really? Where did this come from. Luke hates hip hop. That was weird. Came off of the gravel path to this song. I took off my Cramps sleeved tee and tied it around my waist. I'm running in the sun in a tank top! Yeah spring sunshine!
People weren't really answering my hello's today. The tide was far out and people were walking out on the sand. All three of them were wearing really bright white shoes and I thought. Bad idea! haha!
Rat Race Bob Marley 3:41
...And Justice for All Metallica 9:45
Saw a girl I knew, with her dog and kid. She stopped what she was doing to make a gas face at me, which gave me a laugh. This whole stretch above got me through the airpark, around the point and to the floatplane ramp.
Constellations Jack Johnson 3:21
I sang along to this one, it's pretty, and got almost to the 17th street bridge where I walked for a minute. I had taken three previous walk breaks.
Guns of Navarone Skatalites 2:29
Axel F Herbie Hancock 5:28
I was so excited when this came on! I was at the demolished mill and this song made me smile.
A Residual Haunting Byzantine 4:11
Home Hardware stretch...checked my pedometer which let me down, as it was measuring in steps, which is meaningless to me, I switched it to distance, and it was in miles! Pooh!
Confucius Skatalites 2:56
I walked to the start of the First Street hill, and started my run up it. This is my Prospect Point, I told myself, and prepared to fail at it.
South Australia The Pogues3:28
Instead, I kept on, all the way to Harmston, rocking it at a good pace, yeah!
Romeo Planet Smashers2:31
Dane Cook Punkass
Stopped running here. Pretty sure it was further than 10k. My pedometer said 6.3miles.
Bob Marley Stir it Up
Cooled down and enjoyed the sun. Thought about how rad it is that nothing hurt today!
I think the sun helps. Now I am so salty! It is shower time. I have been stretching for ages now, while writing this. Today felt great.
Now I get to go dogsit, yeah!

With pot pie that I made last night!
Check out my how to make pot pies if you want:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBy8Mn3SYOs
Its pretty retarded, but it was fun to do!

Post script:
My knees started aching by the time I reached the 17th Street bridge on the way home. It went away, though it didn't feel like I would make it for a minute there.
Also, very helpful things that Paula passed on from her running club coach about hills that I thought about near the end were: look at the top of the hill, not down; balls! of the feet, kick back like road runner; and-most of all- act like Im pushing a door open with my chest, this somehow, seemed to take weight/pressure/something, off of my legs. Awesome!

1 comment: