Wednesday, February 24, 2010

4k-rock-steady

I nearly didn't go!
I thought, I took a week off, I can't keep on ditching, or I'll not reach my dreams!
So I put down the book I'm reading, put on my gear, and went, reluctantly into the drizzle.
Demo2rough-Luker-4:34
Aw, cute, Im starting off with Luke's new one...it's all right, at one point very Metallica-y. I got to the train station. Looking up into the sky, the moon was barely there behind the heavy grey clouds, pushing starshaped beams through the dark. Fir boughs above looked thick. The air felt dense and cold.
Ain't Wastin' Time No More-Allman Brothers Band-5:34
Cumberland Rd. to the roundy-loo, I don't like running on busier streets-being seen...but it is night time. More looking up at the night sky through more heavy looking boughs. Saw some stars and felt like it was my first time ever seeing the ocean, or my first crush saying hi back. Smelled smoke and felt autumn. Got a powerful longing to go into the woods for awhile.
Jerusalem-Neil Diamond-3:05
Haha, Neil! When he sings his heeyeahs, I sing along, even to this song..aw...Neil, this song made me smile all along Willemar as I searched the dark for 14th...it's farther from the roundy than I thought.
The Vibes Is Right-Barrington Levy-4:18
Yeah! I haven't heard this in awhile! Took me up to the store, realised just how slow I was "running" as I came up behind a slow walker.
Friday Night, Saturday Morning-The Specials-3:34
Went up Lake Trail, to the bottom of the hill, passed people in a car getting high and felt...weird. First like, haha, I busted you losers! Then just jealous. Whatever, fuck them. Sang along out loud and kept rockin along, thinking now about the race.
180 Degrees-NOFX-2:12
This song is just great. And I needed a little punkus right at this moment. It upped my pace and my pma, especially it being this one song. Back down Lake Trail to the corner of the schoolyard.
Flowers Are Pretty-Vandals-3:17
I was beginning to zone out, I was tryng to force my thoughts to what it is I need to do/how to direct the next three weeks to make it work out for me.
Surrender-Cheap Trick-4:25
This was a live version and I didnt recognize it/wasn't listening when it came on. Of course my searching for answers to the unknown in the forefront of my mind wasn't working, so it was nice to have another sing out.
In The Time of My Ruin- Frank Black-4:21
Aw, FB. My heart. I knew my run was nearly done, I checked my pedometer, it said 3.85, I was at McPhee. I went down to Harmston, just enjoying the buttery sounds.
He reminds me of Langley, too. I walked back up my street, holding my toque on as I craned my head back to look up at the moon and the sky cleared of the clouds now. Crystal clear and bright. Makes me feel good to see it, to feel the moonlight fill me up with whatever it is that it gives me...something primal. Took off my jacket to cool off in the cold air as I walked. How do I reconcile this urge to get further out when I'm this close to a long overdue trip into town?
Too much thinking...and not enough solutions...guess I'll have to be patient.
Good run, at least my brain is working!

1 comment: