Tuesday, February 16, 2010

fast4 done slow

The sky was magnificent today. There was a heart shaped piece of blue cut out from the colossal wall of whites and greys, and there was something about the temperature and the way the breeze blew that made me feel seventeen. Something fluttered up from inside my heart that brought back the feeling of newness, excitement, and discovery. Seventeen, going skating with a crew. 17, crossing high bridges in unfamiliar cities. 17, crushes that turned my world upside down and made the stars come out. What a rad feeling. Im in love with springtime.

The sky over the mountains to the west was still lit when I left work. First day of the year there's been that much light when I finished the day. Twilight blue bright. I wanted to start my run from there, but I pretty much wore my jammies under my scrubs today and felt that I needed some ...erm...support, so I came here and changed and set out, whining and complaining about how my feet hurt.
I set out up fifth at a pretty quick pace. A really quick pace, actually. I was thinking I feel like a real runner! I made it up to the corner, at Lake Trail School, where I died and had to walk a bit. I was running much faster than usual, it only worked if I didnt think about it, but my lungs ached, so I couldn't not think about it.
AND my Ipod is temporarily not working...temporarily, I'm sure. It stopped working after Sunday's run and I've really been feeling depressed about it. It CANT not work!
I tried the 4-3-2-1 eating pattern today. It also DOES NOT work for me! I am good with not eating 2 to 3 hours before my run...any time I've waited less than that...ew.
Tonight was no exception. First I just felt sick, so I slowed down. After awhile I started to get dizzy. It felt like an out of body experience, except there was nothing cool about it. My focus was blurred, and I couldn't really feel my body except that it was heavy. I felt like I was constantly falling forward, and somehow, my feet were catching up so I didn't fall. I decided to walk some more, and called it quits early, chugging blurrily and heavily along the last block to the park.
Not too stoked on the running, but there's other stuff on my mind today that's making me happy. Planting time stuff, and planning events. Fun!

1 comment: