Sunday, February 7, 2010

I ran into beautiful!

9k long run.
I decided not to drive down to the airpark. I walked down the hill to the riverwalk and just started from there. I didnt stop until I got to the end of the airpark, for my first minute of walking-that is from 6th street to about 21st street! Wow. Then, instead of circling around the airplace, I kept going, down along the waterfront to the end of town and then into this amazing park with the longest boardwalk ever, and a quiet river meandering itself away under the trees. The trail was soft, made of that grey slate rock mostly, and then dirt with roots laying across it. It wasn't muddy, and there were ferns on all sides and quiet stream sounds.
It was so nice in there, and I didn't even get to the end of it!
At the end of the endless boardwalk, my pedo said 9.11, so I turned back.
That is a worthy destination, and Im looking forward to next time to explore more of it. Along the water, in the tall dead grasses and bare bushes on the way back, were my favorite marshland birds, red-winged blackbirds with bright red yellow and orange epaulets, and their song is so familiar to me, and they bring spring with them every year.
The concrete ended about 1.5 kms before I turned back, so that was nice and mushy soft and my knees never started acting up today. I stopped at the beginning of the airpark on my way back for my walking minute, the same place I walked on my way there...it was a friendly Sunday, and so many dogs today!
I figure it took me about an hour to do it. Right before I left, I got a call from work saying I'm supposed to be there, even though I booked today off back in December...I fuckin hate that place. Now I have to stress about that and find my signed request forms...if I even kept them. I'm going to charge them for my time! If they cant keep the records, they are going to have to pay me to.
haha, damn straight...anyway, this has nothing to do with running. I looked at my ipod halfway through my stretches and it said 11:30, and I would have gotten that call at 10:15. So about an hour...pretty good for a fast walk runner!Yeah
It felt good, the sky was broken white, bits of blue falling through and the sun really trying to see me. I got a glimpse of the glacier. Said hello to some crocuses, snowdrops, and budding daffodils, an eagle, the quackers, the geese, the swans, those waxwings, and the waved at the crows fluffing their feathers in the trees.
And now Im done my long run for the week, and I looked forward to it since Friday this time. In the past I would have ben dreading this day!
Weird. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment