Monday, February 22, 2010

here and now

All winter I have arranged my life around making money. To my mental, spiritual, emotional and physical detriment. Starting this week, that will end.

I begin again, as new as springtime.

And although I cannot yet arrange my life around my dreams, I have the opportunity every day to organize my activities around living. Around feeling alive.

I may not earn what I need to pay all of my bills in their entirety every month.

But I will be free to move my body the way it wants to move, at a pace it enjoys, a pace I set. Free to rest when I need it, and take deep breaths of fragrant garden air when I am frustrated with my workday. Free to decide what work Id like to take, and what I would turn down. I will be free to arrange my day with the spaces I need to meditate, to write, to study, to just sit, to do my runs, my physio, to go down to the water and watch it come and go, to get in and swim. Free to take on projects that force me to grow.
I will be free to dream my ambitious dreams, and take steps toward them every day.
In my way. On my time.
And so what if I get caught up in the work and do too much again?
hahaha!
Doesnt everybody when it comes to their own business?

No comments:

Post a Comment