Thursday, February 4, 2010

Warm! and Sun!

Hah!
It was warm out today on my run.
I needed some goodness, and there it was given. I'm just feeling miserable today.
I'm really tired of not being able to afford things. I dont want much...but I dont want to feel bad about not making the soup I made for ten dollars last longer than seven dinners.

I went to the airpark. First rad thing was the olympic downhill skier guy from Ghana was there filming some interview. Im just stoked on there being an olympic skier from a nation thats never seen snow. Rad dreams.
I started my warm up walk, and there was a nest in construction really low down on a bendy tree. I had to climb up the bank and look down into it to see if there were eggs yet, I was so excited. There weren't, though.
The running was easy, I got to take off my hoody halfway through the first lap.
I saw my first kingfisher of the year, it hung out in the same area for the next three passes. I called him "Sir".
And on my last lap, coming through the low driftwood, a little hawk shot up out of the wood debris right next to me. It scared me a little and circled around me slowly enough that I could have a look at him. He looked a little disheveled.
I ran up the molehill at the southeast corner, its so little, but I haven't really charged any hills yet. It felt good to be on a trail. Uneven and dodgy. I got to the top and threw my arms up to the sun. I felt like a fucking champ.

The sun was out, but the sky was still all grey. A mist hung over the mountain tops, but I could see the runs on the ski hill. I could see all the hills facing me. I got a feeling the sun might hang out for a day...it's so warm!
My hip feels tight. Work stress. Have to be careful not to stretch it out too much. I overdo it sometimes when it is stress sore and end up hurting it...have to balance.

Miserable crappy wanking mood with endorphin sun induced happy observations.
Balance.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry there were no eggs to see...
    I am stoked that it was sunny...
    I wish you had enough money...
    and your stories are always funny!

    WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete