Monday, February 22, 2010

toomuchwork

and not enough play...
This past weekend, and my poor achy body, got crushed by working too much.
I got to dogsit from Thursday til yesterday, and it was nice to bring a buddy with me everywhere I went. But I was sleeping in an unfamiliar place, with this twitchy, kicky, farty little lady who sleeps in fits of one hour segments and made sure to wake me up when she moved herself to her next favorite spot under the covers with me. So I got very little sleep this weekend, between 12am and 5am, when I wasn't working!
I did go to the gym on Friday, in spite of working 16 hours. Then 13 hours Saturday, so yesterday after my 8, I just crashed into bed and slept and it was good. Feels like someone tore off my feet and Im running around working on painful stumps. My lower back is doing funny crunchy, clicky shifts and hurting all the time. I have a lizard skin rash on my chest. Im thinking my body is fighting with me.
I am taking today off of running. Making a doctors appointment for my day off on Weds. I feel overwhelmed with all that is happening so fast. Spring is wonderful, but it brings changes to my life that every year feel like jumping off a cliff into unknown, unreliable chaos. I never trust that I'll get by, but I always have. Time to take the leap.
OK, more coffee, then crappy hurting work!

No comments:

Post a Comment