Sunday, October 31, 2010

6 still in the mix

Wow, I will NEVER forget to bring water with me to a class again! It ruined me for the night.
It was a tough class, with a different instructor, Julie. She is an older lady with a really defined tummy, but it kind of looks like she has had weird sugery, with the looser kid-having skin going in weird directions. As much as I couldn't stop staring at her rock hard abs, and defined muscles, I was repulsed by the strange way it looked.
I was nervous about the water at the beginning of class, but managed to focus and worked really hard through the first half of standing postures. After that I totally melted! The class was full full full, four rows instead of three. It got so hot, and she didn't turn the fans on when we laid down for the long savasana. All I could hear were the glug glug of people drinking water, and my eyes were starting to roll. I made it to crouching firm posture or whatever its called, and that was it. The reachy reachy kneeling one, rabbit, and camel I had to sit out while I fought passing out and my eyes rolled around in my head. It was all over so fast, though, and I was happy to run away and gulp water from the tap outside as soon as Julie left the room. Came home, showered, and pased out on the couch after drinking a litre of water. Wke up thirsty at midnight and couldnt sleep. Woke up this morning thirsty and with a headache. Taxed.
I'm on my second week, now. My muscles hurt a ton. Inside of my thighs mostly, and my shoulders. Hips still feel loose, and no pain in my backass that is always bugging. I know that after this week, the soreness will go away, but it makes doing some of the postures more difficult. Some of the postures are getting easier, already, though. I still get nervous before camel, I think that the anticipation of feeling awful in camel pose is worse than feeling the pukey, crying sensation itself. It will come...maybe I will just have to start crying in class! haha! That'll never happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment