Tuesday, October 26, 2010

no really, Im not running.

So I finished my marathon. Im done running. I set a goal and accomplished it. Good.

Its been two weeks since that finished, and I finally feel like doing some activity. But I dont feel like running. Not now. Not in the rain and wind and cold. I want to be warm and cozy and soaked cos of sweat. I dont want to not feel my toes. I dont want my cheeks to hurt.

I got a two day hot yoga pass. Ive been feeling increasingly stiff, the running is giving me strength in my muscles, but I cant stretch it out enough to feel like I wouldnt hurt myself if I bailed skating. My joints feel tight and full of stuffing, hard to bend. My hips and low back are totally jacked; sore and pinchy all the time. Im limping against my will. Only when I am actually running do they loosen up, then they go right back.

So off I went. Friday night. I let them know it was my first class and that I was nervous. The dope at the front desk laughs and tells me `thats the worst thing you can be, wait til the nausea hits!` Bitch! Ive never felt nauseous before!
I roll out my stuff, lay down and pretend Im in Mexico. Ahhhhhhhh.
I made it through the breathing exercise and some side bends. I felt sweat start running down my legs, arms, everywhere. Went for the sandwich, and thats the last thing I remember. I know that my ears went first, the room shrank or expanded, or something. The instructors voice went echoey. I couldnt see anything, and I felt sick. I crumpled up in a ball at the front of my mat, exactly where I had just been standing. I stayed there, all balled up, trying to get my head straight. She told me to roll over, lay on my back. I did.
I breathed. I waited to not feel dizzy. All around me they were doing poses I knew, I tried to get up, cos I like the eagle pose, I rock that! But I felt light when I sat up, so I laid back down. Waited. When I was sure I could stand, up I got we were tipping forward like Ts. Then we went to stand at the back corner...only my body wasnt having it, I was blacking out again, but struggling not to. I stood in the middle of my mat, and a nice lady next to me tapped my arm and showed me to the side of the mat for triangles, I zombie nodded, and moved over. I couldnt pick up my foot and move it four feet over! Ha! I was about to fall down! Echoes! Lay down. Eyes rolling around my head. Pouring sweat. Feeling it pool up in my belly button and pour out as I tried to take deep breaths. I liked that. I like to sweat. But my head would not stay on straight. I sat up, and laid back down.
Okay, now they are coming to me, on the floor. I was ready. Cobra. All over it. This crazy palm down shit. One leg, two legs, whatever, gimme something hard. The camel pose made me lightheaded again. For a minute. Made it through, but it was messy. I came out stumbling, soaked, and just put on my clothes over my wet clothes. I just wanted to get home. I felt like someone beat me up. Or I was drunk, high, or loaded. Uncomfortable and a little failed.
One thing I know for sure, though. Nothing worth doing is EASY.
So Im goin back.

2 comments:

  1. omg. now I'm even more scared! haha :)

    I can see how you would enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete