Tuesday, October 26, 2010

three

Just came from class three.

The second went better. I didnt eat for three hours before again, and when I asked Emily the instructor why I might have been so passy-outy, she said that not eating for too long might be the reason! Ahhhh! I hadnt eaten again today for awhile! I went in an laid down, thinking, I cant go through all that passing out again! Then I remembered that I still had Sharkies in my bag from the marathon. I scarfed down three or four and made it through, only laying down twice...or was it thrice...whatever. I breathed harder, and without trying to be deep and regulated. I just let it rip: in through my nose, out through my nose; only not pretty flowy and timed like it sounds. Nope, I was basically panting through my nose! But it worked.
My legs would not lock for the balance poses. In all the triangles and hip benders, I had to help myself back up using my hands on my thighs cos my hips were not engaging. My knees hurt like hell, my ankles, my foot where I kicked the diving board bolt, all very sore. But I made it.
And afterwards, I felt energized. I ran a few steps and my hips felt loose in my bodybag for the first time since I was 16. I giggled and shook my knees and hips to feel it some more.

Today went better still. I made it through til the floor work. No passy-outy! I ate alot today, right up until 1.5 before. My hips still feel weak, my knees still arent locking. My foot is really sore. I can pinpoint it now, in the second last toe metatarsal. I panted through my nose again, and moved closer to the mirror on the side, I want to know my back is straight, my form is good. I want to learn these the right way, see myself progress. I loved feeling the sweat roll off me, dripping everytime I looked down, off my nose, my hair. Fingers dripping when I stand, elbows itching when they are bent. I love to sweat. I love that my heart beats like crazy, and I am barely moving. I love feeling the stretch in my tight old muscles when I hit the pose right. I am looking forward to getting bendier, but Im in no rush. I love it when I can feel that pull really deeply, like on the tendons where they connect to the bone and they havent been stimulated in so long, they are having a party when I hit their strings. I smiled alot today.

I bought a pass. I have a little keyfob now. I plan to go four times a week. Tues, Weds, Fri, Sat.
I cant wait for my next class!

1 comment: