Sunday, August 1, 2010

little3

I couldn't breathe!
I don't know if it was the yogurt I scarfed when I woke up from my sun induced coma-nap or what, but I felt like I just could not take a deep breath in. But I kept trying to.
Fast Car- Tracey Chapman.
I remember that. I set out at sunset, nice beams coming out from behind the only bits of cloud in the sky. Same route, same stretch of road. Not boring, although I did manage to zone out. I don't remember the middle, just watching traffic, seeing the same yards go by, same trucks parked in same driveways. At The Drive-In....something.
The Kinks-a couple of songs here.
Turned around past the school, walked for awhile trying to catch my breath. Followed the single track path around the outside of the field, remembered the persistence hunters of the Kalahari, felt like one for a minute. Until I nearly barfed yogurt.
Another Beautiful Day In The Pacific Northwest- Big Business.
I love this tune, when it comes on I don't want it to end. There aren't too many songs I get that way about. It brought me home, down the side street with my eyes closed.
I stretched outside, pulling my calf muscles on the tires of my truck, enjoying the sweet smell of the summer fading into August. I feel it already, it's right on time. There's a chill, the crickets are calling, and everything seems to be tinted orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment