Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ouch.

Took another week off following my amazing 5Peaks trail run. My left knee felt about to blow all week, and my foot, the whole top around my pinky toe is still yellow from kicking some bolts concreted into the pool deck and just awaiting the arrival of the diving board during my super awesome vacation time.
I am now on the counting down side of my training, 8 weeks to go. Past the halfway point and really getting nervous about the amount of training Im supposed to be doing versus the amount I am actually doing. I barely made it through the last half marathon. Hopefully I will get through this one on the strength of just having been running for longer now than before!
I ran at noon, the sky is covered, and rain began spitting down on me. I loved it. The air is changing over to cool, and I'll miss the tank top and shorts at night, but it is nice to not boil inside anymore, and to be able to run whenever again, not just at either end of the hot day.
Today was a short 4km, to get ready for tomorrow's 14. I know that I can run 14kms, but my knee today was telling me that maybe I shouldn't? It worries me a lot. At 2km I was limping. Last thing I need or want is to be incapacitated right before the beginning of my first year back in school since 1994. I need to be all there, ready, set, go. And I know that running can help me be there, sharpen my physical and mental strengths. But if I'm not careful, it could be a rocky start. Ease on down the road, Em; there's a lot of it to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment