Monday, August 23, 2010

14k

Decided it was time to go. 5pm. Wing night to get to after.
house of pain van halen
It hurt to get going, pains in my foot, my knee, my back.
brokedown palace grateful dead
GOt onto the train tracks, an old faithful route. I like this song, it reminded me to slow down.
gimme some water snfu
ALready over 1k, seeming to take forever, though, I want this done already.
2nd stage turbine blade coheed&cambria
Lookout for the stinging nettles! The side paths are overgrown with brambles, weeds, grass, and trees trying to come up. Makes it even smaller than the one track it is.
hearshot K coheed&cambria
back to basom ween
Aw, good, Im glad for slow songs, I don't want to run fast. My knee is still funky. I'm keeping a beat with the keys, cel, and ipod in the pocket on my back. Good pace.
til I get my way the black keys
shack#9 old crow medicine show
Only at WalMart. Serious? Only 4kms? I want this over!
skin & bone the kinks
all alone gorillaz
This is when it got fun. Finally. I like this song. I was hand dancing and enjoying the stretch down to the ocean, then back in to the trees.
start your digging big business
So good, through the trees is nice, so green. Haven't done this route in long enough to really like it.
drug train the cramps
goodbye babylon the black keys
The long waterfront stretch. I can't be almost at the Airpark, I've only gone 6kms! No! I want this done! I don't want to do an extra lap around anything!
more light j.mascis
runnin down a dream
Ugh, through the airpark already and out the other side.
own brain ian brown
I like this song. Was feeling home stretch like. But wasn't even close. About to start the long uphill grind to 5th and home.
420 duane peters gunfight
wonder what they're thinking snfu
harry rag the kinks
uuuuuphiiiiillllllll, booo.
can't I take this on j.mascis
Finally popped out on 5th and got a nice little down and flat. The stairs to under the bridge nearly broke my knees, though.
holiday the kinks
Didn't hear this, as I was grinding up that last hill.
8x over miss october clutch
white light gorillaz
Made the shocking decision to not finish my run early, at 11kms. Turned up 5th St, to make the last 3 happen on familiar ground. up to the school and back.
she's not on the menu SNFU
everybody wants to rule the world thompson twins
hard row the black keys
Half way to the end of the stretch I wasn't going to do. Kind of regretting it, but also pretty stoked that I will have accomplished my goal shortly. Knee is dying. I am limpy.
faith george michaels
That's right, just a little faith. I'll make it home.
down south blues old crow medicine show
back to the planet duane peters gunfight
And holy crap, I was groaning and moaning, it hurt the most when I stopped. Stretched it out, showered, and went for wing night to celebrate. Done and done.

1 comment: