Saturday, November 6, 2010

ten out of ten!

I feel really good right now!
I beat the downpour! The rain sounds like a giant fan outside my window blowing through the blinds.
Another full class, but good neighbors. I had the same starey mary in front of me who does postures wrong and cant just not look at me. Its distracting to find someone staring at you in the mirror. I decided it must suck to go through life as such a bitch, and focussed in on my meditation. It was a solid state today. I got there very early, and as soon as I laid down, my moind started wandering to how I did yesterday, what hurt, how I was going to do what today, and whetehr it would be a good class or not...etc. I stopped myself right there, and reminded my mind that today might not go as planned, no matter what I had in mind, and just to let it happen. I decided to make a point of smiling as much as I could, and reassuring myself as much as the instructors do. No one else is going to. "You are doing so great, you can do this", was my mantra, and after every single posture, I smiled at my face in the front mirror and told myself, "Good job!".
I made it through every single posture strong and a little more than before! I did not fall out of anything. I stared into my eyes, or at a random points in space, and focussed. I smiled during postures, amazed at myself. I didnt try to look at myself. I didnt half ass anything. I told myself I wouldn't try as hard on the next one, when I felt gross in between at a few points, but then I got into the next posture and fully went for it again.
Except for camel. I was gentle. I kneeled, felt like passing out, didnt, held my hands on my hips and looked up, up , up, breathing breathing, breathing. It wasn't good, it just was. I did both, and actually let my head fall back the second time. Better than before.
It was a happy class, and I am really proud of myself.
I thought about telling the instructors about how happy I am feeling, but thought I might cry if I did that. I can't get over how good my hips are.
And now, a dinner party.

1 comment:

  1. Smiling always works.. and I think it helps others around you...positive energy is the key!

    ReplyDelete