Friday, November 5, 2010

9th gate

Tonight was a great class!
It was an inches away from your neighbor night. I got sweated on by two strangers, but it couldn't faze me. I worked hard. Really focused on my form, and saw a change in a few things. Really good things that carried me through til the end, smiling all the way, even when I nearly passed out on second triangle, and just about barf cried on camel. Cant stop me now. Right off the bat, with the breathing at the start, my crunchy shoulder made its squishy noises, but it didn't hurt, and my elbows actually point way way up not out anymore. Clearly I was in a mirror spot tonight. I like that. I like to really see that my hands are firm together, my arms are straight and strong in half moon. I like to be able to see the difference of when my knee really locks in standing head to knee, and where my hips and shoulders are when Im doing eagles. My favorite was in awkward, and eagles, too: really seeing my ribcage when I arch my back, cos that makes all the difference for my balance. I had an awesome, strong standing series, but got right fuckin dizzy a few times. I just focused on breathing and kept going. I am working really hard. I love feeling all of the stretches where the instructor says I should. I love pointing my toes to the back wall, and trying to touch the front mirror, feeling the line all the way across the tipping forward one, knowing I am a perfect, beautiful T. Even if I am ragged dragon breathing through my nose. I feel stronger. I notice more flexibility each class. I see my feet over my head in standing bow. I didnt think of much of anything in savasana. Wandered a little to how awesome I am doing now as opposed to when I first came here to the valley. Set my intention to keep getting better. I was a wet rag. I feel like no one possibly could sweat as much as I do. I sighed a lot tonight in the in between rests. I was grinding it out. Camel tried to fuck with me. The first one made me sick cry pass out. I said, no, I can do this, and for the second I didnt try quite as hard to do it perfectly. In fact, I just knelt with my hands on my hips, barely looking up, and decided that that is exactly what I'll do from now on. A little at a time. It will come.
At the end I couldn't get up for a long time. I was lightheaded. I felt proud and like a noodle. Weak, and still squirting out sweat everywhere! I just laid there until I was sure I would't fall down on my way out.
Bonus-Emily the instructor told me they are thinking about adding classes. Yes! There are almost 60 people doing the 30 day challenge, and only 2 classes a day on Fri-Sat-Sun.
Looking forward to getting wrecked some more tomorrow!
TV and sloth time.

1 comment: