Wednesday, November 17, 2010

back in the mix

I took five whole days off yoga and went surfing! I started missing it on day 2. I have developed sores on the tops of my feet where I kneel for some of the floor stuff, and there is a dry patch under my chin from the same, weird to think I will develop a callous in both places pretty soon. In the meantime, my feet hurt! Five days wasn't quite enough to heal it, but it was close. I got a tattoo under my upper arm on day 2 away from yoga. I gave it 3 whole days of rest, and now I am sweating the scabs off in little black dirty looking juicy pieces that stick to my leg, and roll up into my armpit. Needless to say I was a mess at my first class back tonight. I even forgot to take my eye makeup off, and when I caught a glimpse of my scary red raccoon face in the mirror, I nearly fell down. It actually threw me off for all three of the awkward poses. I had no balance or control cos I couldnt quit thinking about how gnarly my face looked! hahah!

I did every standing posture. I tried to go lower down in triangle, and it felt better. Hard, but like I was getting the 'chest-opening' stretch thats been eluding me up until now. Get low. I got shooting pains in my left knee on tree to toe, when I tried to bend forward, so I just stood. I noticed a little bit of a rewind in my balance and strength, but my flexibility stuck around- a huge suprise to me. I rested my head on the ground in standing forward bend, or whatever the lovely feeling swan dive one is.

Camel...urg, it got me again. I feel like such a lump when I get to the front of my mat, just kneeling, and something in me reacts and violently revolts. I flop forward like a blob onto my towel while the whole row in front of me is contorting backwards towards me like wacky snakes, eyes watching me fail. Fuck you camel, tonight you won. I started to get nervous two postures in advance of it, and that kills me. Oh well, sometimes I am a nervous person. I am working on that.

Overall, totally successful class. I was worried I would talk myself out of going, but the results are immediate in my mind, so it's hard to try and tell myself its not worthwhile.

2 comments: