Sunday, September 12, 2010

two runs

I forgot to enter my last run, a six on a new route, which was very exciting for me for a few reasons, I am super bored with my standbys, I ran hella fast, and nothing hurt! I went up to Pwerhouse, on my hill running hill, turned down it, and trucked along there. It was dark, so I went fast, little steps trying to get back to the streetlights. I am stoked that when I run it again it will all be new! When I found the streetlights, at 1st, there was a giant downhill. I raced down it and sang the whole way. I was embarrassed to get caught singing to myself by lurkers a few times. It was exactly six. And nice and different.

Today I went for a twelve, which sounds little already. It was good, I tried another new. Going straight at Fraser, along the tracks all the way past the Kubota place on the highway, and could see Royston Rd about a km in front of me when I turned around. It was tough going, though. Really uneven in the middle, and steep on the sides, so I had to watch every step. I'm glad I didnt notice a giant pile of bear crap on the way out to six, it probably would have stopped me in my tracks, it was'pretty fresh, like this morning in the rain. That sped me up and got me back to my good ole familiar even ground before too long.
playlist was great:
Aw fuck this Ipod with its shake program! Lost the rest...
Have Love Will Travel the Black Keys
I Cry Alone the Black Keys
Night of the Living Baseheads Public Enemy
the Yeti Clutch
FGT Saviours
Inititiation At the Drive-In
Death or Glory the Clash
Don't Take That Attitude to Your Grave Ben Harper
Sugar Magnolia the Grateful Dead
HIp Hop is in the Building
Brazilica Beck
Touch of Grey the Grateful Dead
A nice cooldown. and now to work with books I hope I get a chance to read for school!

1 comment: