Wednesday, September 8, 2010

ring of fire

In my ankles.
Just finished my 16km long run. In hindsight it wasn't that hard. During the run, I felt differently.
Had a bit of the ankle burn right off the bat. It didn't get as bad as usual, but it didn't go away, either. Massive knee problems. My right knee this time, I'm pretty sure that usually its my left that's funky, started ache-ting up at 3kms, pretty early on. I went a new route, I bet that helped me tune out a bit. Ran out Headquarters, up past the ice rinks and along the Veterans Parkway, to the college and back. Sweet 16.
The hill is steep, but it was okay, felt good to get to the top, kept a really slow and even pace the whole run, around 7. Then there was that gravel path all along the Parkway. I was dragging my feet a bit, and the long hill was entirely full sun. I thought there were cobwebs on my elbows, but it was sweat hanging off. Aside form my knee just hating the walking parts, like when it was time to get going again, yeah, not so bad. For a time there on the last three kms, I was wondering if there is such a thing as a bum-bra. My lower back hurt like my upper chest does if my spors bra sucks. I was laughing but I am kinda serious. Maybe it was just my backache, but...just saying. Knowing that most of the way back was downhill helped me get home. And definitely the new route. Maybe next time I'll take on Back Rd. Keep changing it up. Only three more long duck dongs. Then RVM. I cannot wait to get it over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment