Monday, July 12, 2010

Owie-wowie, I made 8k

She's Your Baby Ween
This song always comes on first when I pick this playlist, I love it, and can sing along since it's right at the start and I feel good and not out of breath yet.

Love Is a Battlefield Pat Benatar
I don't feel much for this song anymore, except that it is a total classic and reminds me of my childhood, singing and dancing with my best friend Nicola in her playroom.

Born To Run Bruce Springsteen
I don't know what it is about the mumbling Bruce, but this song made me happy, like it always does when it comes on, and I get pretty pumped at the breakdown when he sings about "Highways jammed with broken heroes
on a last chance power drive.
Well the bodies out on the run tonight,
but there's no place left to hide.

Together Wendy we can live the sadness,
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.
Whoa someday girl I don't know when,
we're gonna get to that place we really wanna go and we'll walk in the sun,
but til then tramps like us, baby we were born to run!"

Hands Up Big Business
Love this, too. I was out in the farmlands by this point, looking out at the sun illuminating and amplifying all the green, and at the shadows cast across the fields a kilometre long by the trees up at the corner.

Skin & Bones Kinks
This song makes me smile. She used to be so cuddly...

One Armed Scissor At the Drive-In
I don't remember this song coming on, but I would imagine it must have been right around where I saw the traffic light at Dove Creek Rd up ahead, coming around the corner on Condensory. I pointed at it to let it know I was coming for it, and started to lift my knees and kick my feet up, pumping my arms and giving it my all. I remember the feeling of covering ground quickly, and hoping that there was someone who might be impressed by my form in one of the trucks that passed me during my awesome sprint.

Snakedriver Jesus & Mary Chain
Oh, yes I remember this song coming on, it was about where the fast caught up with me and I had to slow way down. I remember trying to blame the guitar noise for the reason I needed to go slower, or felt so done. I felt that it was not soothing, too much pointed stick in my ear and not enough order, rhythm. But it got me to the traffic light, and starting down Dove Creek Rd.

Stellify Ian Brown
I had a walk, and decided to turn back the way I came. I don't like the stretch past the high school and through town, and I was starting to get some chafing between my legs. This song makes me really smile, and has a great strong beat for running to.

Black Tambourine Beck
This song keeps me going. Good beat. This is where I started to run with one leg in the grass.
it felt so nice, the feathery tops of the tiny trees, so soft and comforting, that I ended up running most of a km with one foot in the grass. My knee started to really throb around now, and I was glad I had turned back.

Children's Story Slick Rick
Skipped it, I've been playing it at work alot for the kids, they dig it. Good kids!

RX Queen Deftones
Between the chafing thighs and the heat and throb in the knee, I was starting to hate life, even with the view of the sun setting on the trees.

Picket Fence Cartel At the Drive In
Stoked to hear this. But in too much pain, I walked through it and hand danced a little until Footloose came on.

Kenny Footloose
Of course I ran to this, even though my knee felt like something was hanging off of it...like a vise. I kept on going...all the way back to the bridge and over it to the bottom of the hill...which I happily walked up at 300m left to run.

Big Business Grounds For Divorce
This is good stuff! I could not run anymore...except when I saw an exceptional looking fellow on his lovely porch stoop in a Volcom tee, then I ran until I was juuuust out of sight of him, haha!

Livin On A Prayer Bon Jo-jovi
More like walking on a crutch! It feels like I might need one tomorrow!
For once I managed to get the set list out of the machine, which is a nice change. 8k in 58mins. Yeah...ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment