Monday, July 26, 2010

make that 260!

Long run tonight. Was dreading it by the time it was go.
Hottest day of the year so far, and I worked through the thick of it, bent over tugging out Shasta daisies and blackberry roots. Sweating buckets. I tried to swim when I was done, but although the river was a perfect cool, it smelled like wet dog and piss. I got half way to my sunny rock and quit, floating back down to the rock ledge and leaving before I got my fill.
So I set out.
Strange Times Black Keys
Down the Main Strip, always a little embarrassed to be seen.
Be Stiff Devo
Over the bridge, into the park, I like running to this song, it has a good, stiff beat.
Nobody's Fault But Mine Ben Harper
Junesong P Coheed & Cambria
Two Kms. I got to walk. I was on Headquarters Rd, just past the old folks home. Everything okay so far. I was thinking about how Michael gave my number to someone who was traveling. I hope he calls, it's been awhile since I got to show this place off, and I always enjoyed being a skate tour-guide. It gives me an excuse to go to parks not in my town, and someone to go with. Plus it just feels good that someone passed my name along as good peeps.
Countdown Black Keys
ONEtwothreefourfivesix.seven-EIGHT-nine! My total today! Lucky song.
That'll Be A Better Day Old Crow Medicine Show
TV Set the Cramps
Haha, eyeballs for dials, I always picture it clearly, I can feel them like grapes. What can I put eyeball dials onto?
Are You Ready for the Country Neil Young
This was funny, I was just coming up on the left turn that leads out from the high school and busy road, to the country fields and one lane bridge.
Death of a Clown the Kinks
Hello to the pretty horses. I think they must be deaf, they did not return my greetings.
Love Like Laughter Beth Orton
Eek, a slow song! I debated skipping it, but I tried to make myself zone out instead, off of the music, out into the world around me. Birds were chirping, but only halfway which made me think my knees were creaking. It was almost in perfect time with my old joints movements.
198d At The Drive-In
The turn towards home, ahhh. It was just at 6 my foot started to feel out of whack. Like, as if things were out of place., I had to limp a bit, favor it, which is no good. I considered walking, but I had just done my walk...fuck it, it had to go away.
Remember When Black Keys
New Kind of Kick the Cramps
No Trust Black Keys
Coming up on the corner, my foot issue went away at 7! But my knees started doing their owes about then, so...
Save It the Cramps
NY State of Mind NAS
Down the last stretch of Condensory. I startled a raccoon that was hiding in the deep ditch grass, and it startled me launching up and away from me, into the woods. I launched away from it, into the road. Glad that wasn't a skunk, and that there wasn't traffic.
Slaughter of Bruce The Gits
Coming over the Condensory Bridge I was considering getting in the water. Soaked. My knees were complaining like hags.
Apocalypse World Split Saviours
This got me up that last hill, grunting, moaning, gritting my teeth, pumping my arms and shoving with my chest. That was fuckin' hard today, I wouldn't have run it without this song on, I would have fully wussed out without the metal to anger me on.
It All Dies Anyway The Gits
Past my new favorite downtown house with the wrap porch, and I was done. 9K. Fuck yay.
I Got Mine Black Keys
Walked me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment