Thursday, June 24, 2010

the Aowes

So.
Last night I couldn't walk without a lot of support. The night before, my left thigh and knee went numb as I was laying on my back, but I ignored that, it's done it before. Couldn't ignore last night's aowes, though. The only cane-like device I've got left is my baseball bat, and it is fitting that I use that, since I am so totally angry that I am still not fixed. Good thing the pain only arrives at the end of the day, so I'm not totally ruined. I'm grateful that it is minimal in the mornings, and I can still take my run. Definitely need to step up the physio.
Today's was a really good run. I took note of the bruisy feeling above my pelvis on my back, sort of a back/bum bruise. I kept a nice and easy slower pace, it says today's is steady, so no record breakers here. I started at 9. Still a little late. I have never felt so sweaty! But not until I stopped. Then it pooled around the sides of my nostrils, a place I have never felt sweat gathering before today! Ha! I remembered that it's been a month and a half since I've been running, and I haven't done any significant exercise in between, so this is the first good opportunity for my body to id itself of toxins in a long while...go body!
SO now I have to really work my physio all the way, no half stepping today, I should know: Half measures availed us nothing...isn't that how it goes?

No comments:

Post a Comment