Tuesday, June 22, 2010

111 days to go!

Okay, this morning worked out well.
I woke up early, before the heat, had a cup of coffee, and went out to run.
Just a short trip, a 3k out around the field at Lake Trail School and back. No pukey feelings, no headaches.
Today is the true day 1 of 112 days of training leading up to the Royal Victoria Marathon on 10.10.10. On my way there, I will be participating in the Terry Fox run here in Comox as well sometime in September and I hope to be setting up some sort of fundraising device before then.
I am not excited about training through the heat of July and August, but I'm glad that it isn't here yet, and I will just have to take it as it comes.
Today I'm going to talk to the vitamin people at Marigold down the street, I hope to be able to sort out these headaches I've been living with these past three weeks, and get straight on what my body really needs in order to successfully continue on my running mission.
I also need a new pair of runners!

I am looking forward to the highs, the feeling great about myself and my accomplishments, and I'll accept the inevitable lows that come with that, in order to balance out all the good stuff coming my way.
Here comes another marathon!!

1 comment:

  1. I am ready.. let's get back into this!!! Well.. wait.. I am going to get back into it after PAtrick leaves Bali.

    ReplyDelete