Sunday, May 16, 2010

beautiful city

Yeah, Vancouver is beautiful.
Just did a little over ten, my Sunday run. I went on Saturday morning, as well, for five.
Was here in the city for both, and followed the seawall around False Creek both times, different sections.
Today's seemed much further than necessary. Started at Pacific and Davie, and went around to the bottom of Terminal and back under the three bridges, past the new olympic housing area. Awesome waterfront walkways there, with great public art. My knees began to swell and burn early on, but I kept going. I think I shouldn't do that any more.
There is a section past Granville Island and before Burrard that I've never seen before, it is amazing. I can't remember the name of the park, Charleson, that was it. Just. Awesome. The sun was setting. Ships in the harbour. Leafy trees and green grass hillside to my left. I let Paula lead and just looked around.
I am still not too stoked on running right now. It is hurting me. That is not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment