Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rolling Steady

43 days until Sayulita!

I had to take time off since I twisted my knee for good on April 10th. Since then I have had it x-rayed, acupunctured, and consistently balmed. The bruise and swelling have worn off and I am on a waiting list for surgery. I waited for three weeks to return to yoga, trying almost every day to kneel down to see if I could yet. I still can't but I managed well in my first class back last Thursday.
The bike we found out front has become useful now, as it is the only physio I can really do, and pedaling is supposed to be beneficial. I took my first spin around the block on Sunday, after Luke jumped on the rear tire and loosened the brakes out so it rolls. Hurts when my knee is fully bent, at the top of the pedal's rotation, but only for a minute or five.

Three more days of riding the junker under my belt, and I'm feeling the need to tighten it already. This shit is challenging!
Monday I took a run around Courtenay, a short loop that actually took a lot less time than I thought it would, and was also harder on my knee and lungs than I thought it would be.
Tuesday I rolled to the ferry and into Van. I found out in Nanaimo, in a rush to get to the ferry from my secret parking space, that you cannot jam down hills at any reasonable speed with a tacoed rear tire. This thing does look as though its about to shake right off, and the speed wobbles are difficult to correct with such a tiny steering structure. I nearly ate shit.
Wednesday I rode across town, a nice big line starting up Commercial, out to Sunrise, and then into downtown to catch the bus back to the ferry and my truck.
Great start to getting back to cardio!

No comments:

Post a Comment