Tuesday, December 7, 2010

stretching out the aches

Im back at yoga. I found another place in town where they use a warm room. My body is happy already. I've been to two classes. I am sore in the little muscles again, sore in the right places, not so sore in the big ones. My hip and back pain is backing off quick. Its taking me back to 2000 in my mind when I took yoga across the street from the coffee shop I worked at on Main and Broadway in a little tiny upstairs studio. I swear it was called the smiling buddha. I dont trust my memory from that era of skateboard head cracks to the pavement and hitting all the other wrong things hard, but I remember doing dragonflies and feeling pretty damn good about that.

Its back to the classics: downward dogs, ujjayi breathing, childs poses, planks and proper triangles. I'm working hard, but my shoulder is killing me, tonight it was my wrist. It isn't hot, but it is warm. It's a 'hot flow class', and its nice to sweat but not struggle. I challenge myself to my limit, and sometimes that turns to shaking muscle struggle, but not in the same ultra super lucky happy eights special extreme way as the Bikrams.

No comments:

Post a Comment